Bei ya leseni ya udereva – Ada za leseni
How can I get driving licence in Tanzania? fees for driving licence application in Tanzania. License fees renewable every 5 years Tshs 70,000/=, Driving test fees Tshs 3000/=, Provisional license fees renewable every 3 monhs Tshs 10,000/= All you need is to fill out the application form
Applying driving license for the first time
- Must have attended any recognized driving college and awarded a certificate
- Must have more than 18 years of age for motor vehicles and 16 years of age onwards for motorcycles
- Must have a learner/provisional driving license
- Must undergo test and pay test fee
- Must have an eye test certificate
- Must have applied to Traffic police for testing
- Must go to traffic police with a car for testing
Applicant having being tested may be allowed to drive motorcycles and saloon cars.
Ada za leseni Tanzania
|Ada za leseni
|Ada jaribio la kuendesha
|Ada za leseni ya muda
|Usajili wa magari
Motor Vehicle Licence Fee
The motor vehicle licence fee is charged on first registration of a motor vehicle are based on the size of the engine as shown in the table below:
This fee shall not apply to Motorcycle or a tricycle commonly known as Bajaji
|Cubic capacity (cc)
|0 cc – 500 cc
|501 cc – 1,500cc
|1,501 cc – 2,500cc
|2,501cc and above
What is the legal age to drive in Tanzania?
The minimum age for driving a car is 18 years
What is the maximum speed limit in Tanzania?
The speed limit in rural areas in Tanzania is 80kph and in urban areas it is 60kph.